The National Emergency Management Office
The National Emergency Management Office (NEMO) was established under the Emergency Management Act 2007, beging responsible for the emergency management in the Kingdom of Tonga.
Safer and more resilient community to effects of natural hazards and climate change induced events.
To build a capacity of the Tongan community by developing and implementing appropriate and effective Disaster Risk Management policies, planning and program to address current and emerging threats from disasters.
1) Putting the community first
2) A safer community for all
3) Sustainable disaster preparedness and disaster response program
5) Respecting and valuing each others contributions
6) Communicating openly and honestly
7) Accountable and transparent “modus operandi”